Our Values and Philosophies
The School’s motto is “Maximising Opportunities & Extending Potential”.
The School’s philosophy and policies reflect the belief that:
- All children have the ability to learn and this ability is enhanced in an atmosphere which is positive, co-operative and tolerant.
- The development of self-esteem and social skills is fundamental to success at school.
- The development of core skills in numeracy and literacy are a high educational priority.
- Every child should be encouraged to achieve his/her personal best through a broad educational program.
Education is a partnership between students, teachers and parents. Our school community - staff, children and parents - are a genuine and caring group who set human values high on their agenda. An enthusiastic School Council is indicative of the strong and caring involvement of the community.
Our school's social and emotional development education draws from the following programs;
- Rock & Water
- Berry Street Educational Model
- Play is the Way
SILVAN PRIMARY VALUES
CHARACTER Treat others as you would like them to treat you.
COURAGE Be brave - participate to progress
WISDOM Have reasons for the things you say and do.
STRENGTH It takes great strength to be sensible.
EQUALITY Pursue your personal best no matter who you work with.